October 5 - October 8, 2021
55th Annual Conference
La Crosse Center/Radisson Hotel, La Crosse, WI
Dear WWOA Conference Attendees:
The WWOA Board of Directors welcomes you to the 55th Annual WWOA Conference being held “in-person” in La Crosse from October 5th through October 8th! We have a great technical program and exciting Conference planned for you, and we look forward to seeing you there.
On Tuesday, October 5th, the Conference kicks off with several great opportunities to choose from:
- The annual Golf Outing, Sporting Clays Event, and classic Bicycle Ride
- Two Pre-Conference Workshops highlighting two different aspects of the wastewater field running concurrently and starting at 1:00 pm and ending at 4:00 pm. One pre-conference workshop will be given by Tom Trainor of the WDNR and will focus on laboratory practices and updates to NR 149. The other pre-conference session will focus on Phosphorus and Water Quality Trading and will be given by Erin Delawalla of RES.
- Our first networking event, the annual Meet and Greet
The conference will officially open on Wednesday October 6th at 8:30 am with a brief Welcome Address from President Don Lintner, followed by this year’s Keynote presentation given by one of the most distinguished and influential people in the wastewater field, Dr. Glen Daigger. Mr. Daigger is President and Founder of One Water Solutions, LLC, a water engineering and innovation firm. Dr. Daigger has advised on many water projects around the world and has either authored or contributed to many of the wastewater books and technical manuals that are most often used in our field. You will leave this keynote address with an appreciation for new innovation in our field as well as a broader look at what our profession does day in and day out.
The technical program planned for Wednesday October 6th will look like this:
- The Conference Exhibition from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm — This is your opportunity to meet the many vendors and sponsors who support our industry!
- Technical Sessions with two tracks, scheduled from 10:45 am until 12:00 pm
- Walk around lunch in the exhibit hall from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm. This is a great opportunity to grab some food, connect with others, and explore the exhibit hall
- Operators Competition located in the center of the exhibit hall from 12:30 pm until 4:30 pm
- Technical Sessions with four tracks, scheduled from 1:30 pm until 4:10 pm
- The Exhibitors Social Hour from 4:00 pm to 5:00 pm held in the Exhibition Hall
On Thursday October 7th, the learning and fun continues with:
- Technical Sessions of three different tracks from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- The Septage Compliance and Master Operator Training from 12:30 pm to 4:30 pm
- Continuation of the Conference Exhibition from 8:00 am to 11:30 am
- The Annual Operators’ Lunch and Business Meeting- Lunch: 11:45 am - 12:15 pm, Meeting: 12:15 to 1:15 pm
- This year’s plant tour at the La Crosse Wastewater Plant, from 1:15 pm to 4:00 pm
- Social Hour from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm followed by the annual Awards Banquet and celebration beginning at 7:00 pm, followed up with a corn toss competition for cash prizes and other fun activities to be enjoyed throughout the evening
The conference will close on Friday morning, October 8th, with a greeting from the WWOA President at 8:30 am followed by a presentation from our Farewell Breakfast Speaker, Amy Garbe from the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources. Ms. Garbe will be giving an update on PFAS activities around the state.
On behalf of the WWOA Board of Directors, the Technical Program Committee, the Exhibits, Manufacturers & Consultants Committee, and everyone that has worked to bring this 55th Annual Conference together, we look forward to welcoming you to the Annual Conference in La Crosse this October!
Chair, 2021 WWOA Technical Program Committee